12 July 2010

Haiti Tomorrow!?

Well world, tomorrow morning I leave for Haiti!
This may come as a bit of a surprise to some of you, because the trip only came together in the past several weeks as the Lord has pieced together so so many things to pave my way... so I’m super excited to see what's in store for me there!
I’ll be staying with the Clays and the ApParent project, who I know through my good friend Kelsey Little (that I met in Mexico 2 summers ago). I’ll be there until the 21st, helping with the fair trade beading program that Kelsey started last summer… and sort of just trying to be helpful and to experience Haiti.
http://www.apparentproject.org/

Thanks for your prayers! Hopefully I'll be able to update while I'm there!
Bendiciones,
juli


"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ... And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."
- Galatians 6:2, 9

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juli,
    Glad you got to Haiti safely. I really appreciate your input on the conditions there. It helps understand what is really going on. I can't imagine being in a tent in that hot weather. I really agree that giving the people a way to make a living makes so much sense. What happened to the idea of moving people back to the land and teaching them to farm their own food? heard anything about that?
    Thanks for your updates.
    Love ya,
    Aunt Donna and Uncle Frank

    ReplyDelete